Whew!

We have had a very eventful, busy 10 days. Last Sunday we headed out to Springfield, MO. to the National Homeschool Basketball Championships. Monday through Saturday were filled with basketball games, visiting with friends, and more basketball games. We ate out three meals a day and stayed in a hotel each night. Neither of those activities agree very well with me. I love to go out to eat but not 24 meals in a row! I love to stay in nice hotels, but I never sleep as well as in my own bed. Before it sounds like this is just a complaint post, I do want to say we had fun. I was just very happy to be heading home the following Sunday.
The drive home was not without its own drama. First of all, we travelled about halfway home in snow. That may not mean alot to all of you who are accustomed to travelling in snow, but for this East Texas clan it was a little stressful.
The next bit of excitement came in the form of a vibrating car. After arriving in Springfield earlier that week, we detected a slight vibration while driving around town. My husband didn't seem to think it was a major problem. He said the tires may be out of balance. Then, on the way home, after driving out of the snow, we were able to travel at a higher rate of speed. Even though we were "making better time" the vibration became much worse. We stopped several times for him to check the tires. He couldn't find anything wrong with them. After travelling 500! miles, he decided we should probably have someone look at the tires. He called Walmart service center who just happened to be closing. The very kind employee told us he would keep everything open until we got there.
He changed both of our back tires. One of them had a split about halfway around with seperated steel belts and one place about 2 inches long that was almost transparent! My husband wasn't able to see the problem because it was on the inside.
We finally made it home a little after midnight. The 11 hour trip took us about 15.
We collapsed in bed and slept like logs! My poor husband had to cut his nap short to get back to work the next day.
When I got up Monday morning I hit the floor running. I had to attend to several last minute details. My middle daughter was scheduled for knee surgery the next morning. After jumping through hoops and clearing buildings with a single bound, we settled in for the evening only to meet a new little "pet" my husband decided to save. Yay! (sarcastically)
Unable to sleep due to the anxiety of my child having surgery, I finally fell asleep sometime past midnight.
My alarm clock felt like my worst enemy at 5am!
Randy, Kaitlyn, and I got dressed and left home early to arrive at the surgical center by six (almost). After a little waiting and a little paperwork and a couple of hefty checks, she went into surgery about 7:30. In a couple of worrisome hours, she came out with a brand new ACL and leftover "I don't care" medicine.
We left around noon with our loopy new-kneed daughter and some really cool pictures to boot. How many people can say they have ever seen the inside of their knee? Only one in my house! (let's keep it that way!!!)
Now I am home. Finally. I can unpack, do laundry, and start living my normal life again. I hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Weekend!

Homeschooling Fun