Something for Me!

As I was browsing a few blogs I enjoy last night, I came across an idea that inspired me to my core.
We who homeschool do it for a variety of reasons. Some for religious convictions, shelter from ideas that we don't agree with, children with giftedness or learning disabilites that can be better served in a home environment, or too many others to list. Some of us homeschool for a combination of reasons. However, one common thread I have observed is a homeschooling parent's desire to learn. We love to learn and want to instill a love for learning in our children.
So when I came across Bev's plan last night on her blog, I was completely caught off guard by the emotions stirred within me.
I guess I have been on a journey of sorts lately. I am in the process of rediscovering who God created me to be. Sometimes we moms get a little lost in the shuffle of helping our families in discovering who they are meant to be.
I discovered that you can literally wake up one morning, look in the mirror, and completly not recognize the person staring back.
So, I have been on a journey for the past few months of rediscovering myself and what I like to do.
When I read Bev's plan I was inspired to design a course of study for me. I do it every year for my kids. Why not for myself?
I will be spending the next few weeks on my "plan".
I hope to update soon on what I will be learning this year.

Comments

randy bracknell said…
Kim you are a gift from god to your children and I. I am blessed to be your friend and husband. Anything I can do you let me know. I love and miss you while I'm away at work. Xxoo xoxo. I love you
randy bracknell said…
Kim you are a gift from god to your children and I. I am blessed to be your friend and husband. Anything I can do you let me know. I love and miss you while I'm away at work. Xxoo xoxo. I love you
Kim said…
Awww! My husband is so sweet.
Thank you for the sweet comment.
I love and miss you too!

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!