Prodigal Son


This week did not start out "picture perfect". Not even just a little "normal". I would have to say that this week hasn't even been pleasant!

Our prodigal son returned home early Monday morning. As wonderful as that was, our schedule was just a little turned-upside-down-and -rattled. My heart rejoiced while it ached all at the same time. Only God can ordain such a precious moment.

Tuesday, I realized the enormity of prayer that lay before me. I know that God will answer and I am filled with hope. Anxiety is slightly trying to creep in. I tell myself, "I can do all things through Christ, who gives me strength."

Wednesday, I start to feel tired. Does anyone even see how tough this is? Forget housework, I have to find a way into the heart of my son! I can't read his mind but his attitude doesn't seem right.

Thursday is the peak of this roller-coaster week. Nothing seems to have been accomplished. I now wonder if we are travelling backward instead of forward. I inwardly scream, "God help me!, I can't do this alone" and "Where is my husband?"

By Friday I sense something on the horizon. I know that God has heard my heart cry. A peaceful calm has graced my home. My husband has completed a very busy week of work. We are ALL together as a family for the first time in a long time. I see the hand of God at work. He is restoring my family.

Today is Saturday. Praise God, my son has returned home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!