Blessings

I had an unusual feeling come over me this morning as I sat having my first cup of coffee. I was sitting on my dark quiet back patio when I first noticed "it". Before my mind could think the complete thought, "What is this strange feeling?", I had a sudden revelation.

The stranger that was visiting me was my old friend, Peace.

My family has been through a trying time lately. Stress has seemed to pile on. I have been in a state of not being sure I could survive one more moment. I have felt like a hamster in a cage. I have turned left, right, backwards, and ran in circles. I have been in a fog of confusion that could be likened to a world-class corn maze.

But today, My Savior showed up! I know He was there all along. I was just so busy turning every direction but up, that I couldn't seem to find Him.

As I sat with tears streaming, thanking God for His presence, He spoke words of wisdom into my heart.

"Take joy in the small things in life."

I have neglected this wisdom. I start today with purpose in my heart to find and take joy in the small things in my life. Sometimes we get in a state of mind that makes it almost impossible to see simple joys and blessings that are all around us.

I believe that best way out of that maze of stress and confusion is to stop and look up. Then, when we realize Jesus was there all along, we can start to look around. Not to see all of our problems, but all of the blessings in our lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!