Last Homeschool Year to Plan

It's that time of year...again, except this time will be the last time. I'm planning for our last year of homeschooling. My youngest will be starting her senior year. I have many mixed emotions about this.
I've known this day would be arriving. I've scrambled my brain with thoughts of, "What will I do with myself when we graduate her?" amongst other frantic ponderings.
This has been my life for 20 years. Twenty. TWENTY!!!
I have a hard time wrapping my head around this number.
Thankfully, I have put some thought into transitioning into another stage in life. Of course, she will still need me. She graduates at 17. Since I have four other children who are grown ups, and they still need me, I know she will also.
I'm not completely sad. I'm only somewhat sad. It's actually exciting. I'm excited to see her mature over the next year. I'm even excited to see myself mature.
My plan is to enjoy every last moment of teaching my daughter at home. I hope to spend the best year we have ever had. I want to do my best to pour into her heart and pray that she receives. I want to make sure we have covered the essentials. I want her to make some lifetime memories this year. She resists being 'the baby' because she is much too eager to be an adult. I want to just slow things down a little. Just for this last year. I want her to know how very excited we are for her to transition into this next phase of her life, as I transition into mine. My hope is for each of us to remember to savor every last bit of it.
I have many hopes and dreams and prayers for the upcoming school year. I've truly spent the last twenty years learning how to grow up right along with my children.
The nuts and bolts of the planning a school year is the easy part. The growth, maturing, and letting go is the hard stuff. The easy stuff combined with the hard stuff is the combination that makes it all worth it.
I'll be back next week with more of the 'nuts and bolts' of our plan this year.
If you are just beginning this homeschooling journey...When the days are hard, try to remember that the years are short. I promise you, you'll understand this someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschooling Fun

Picnic Blanket

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling