Sunday Traditions

For many years I have wanted to form family traditions for Sundays. Most importantly, going to church together as a family being our main priority. But some minor priorities are:
having a simple breakfast of muffins or homemade cinnamon rolls and juice, having an all-out "Sunday Dinner" complete with homemade bread and a special dessert, and having activities either planned or avaliable for making memories as a family.
We didn't make it to church this morning, but we did manage the other three items on my list.
After having a quiet morning with coffee and finishing my book, I baked blueberry muffins. When my family (finally) got up this morning they had muffins and orange juice waiting on them. Then I started on our late lunch. I like to cook one huge meal for the entire day. They can nibble on leftovers later or make a sandwich. Today I fried chicken, made macaroni & cheese, turnip greens, butter beans, and homemade bread. I also made deviled eggs and sliced some fresh tomatoes. Last night I baked a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. While I was cooking, Aubree made some little ice-box cakes. After lunch and clean up we sat around the table working a 3-d puzzle of a barn owl and making little animals from miniature pom poms.
Next week we will go for 4 out of 4, but today was great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!