Forced Day of Down Time

Hey, I'll take it however I can get it!
I was awakened to the sound of howling wind at about 4am. I wasn't totally surprised. We had heard the forecast. We were expecting a winter storm.
First came the rain, then the freezing rain, and then the cracking and breaking of tree limbs. Lots of them.
I knew right away I wouldn't be leaving my house today.
I decided to bake. I baked a cake. The recipe is from one of my favorite blogs, the Pioneer Woman. Delicious.
I quickly realized I enjoyed the warmth of the stove. I cooked beans and cornbread. Comfort food.
My sweet husband built a nice fire in the fireplace and we all snuggled under our blankets for a movie.
Fitting with my cooking theme for the day we decided to watch Julie and Julia. I loved it.
I have never been very interested in Julia Child but I would now love to read her cookbook.
Wonderful day to be stuck indoors. I probably gained 5 lbs. But it was worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!