Kaitlyn is 15!

Christmas of 1994 came and passed with anticipation and a little disappointment. I was convinced we would have a Christmas baby. By the 26th I was sure I would stay pregnant FOREVER! Why do the last few weeks of pregnancy feel like an eternity?
Then, on the 27th I was awakened very early thinking my waterbed had sprung a leak. Of course it didn't take long to realize we would be getting our little Christmas gift, finally.
I told my husband my water had broken. He responded with, "Light the hot water heater." Our little house was in need of a few repairs! He was half asleep and denies saying this to his wife who was in labor! (but he did!)
We gathered our things and headed to the hospital.
In about 4 hours, I held Pure Joy in my arms. Kaitlyn Noel. My best Christmas gift ever!

Having an almost Christmas birthday is hard! Kaitlyn usually misses out on the birthday party thing. We try to at least have a family party. We have travelled many years on her birthday to visit family.
This year was different.






Kaitlyn and two of her teammates share December birthdays. They collaborated together for a New Year's Day lock-in. They invited both the Jr. High and High School girls basketball teams and a few other friends. There were over 20 girls. They had a wonderful time of lots of snacking, game playing, and very little sleep!
I'm so glad she had a party this year. She is growing up so fast! Next year she will be driving!






Happy Birthday Kaitlyn. I hope you will always remember your fifteenth birthday!

Comments

Val said…
Sounds like fun. I'm a youth group leader, and we had a sleepover with 7 girls on New Years Eve. Needless to say, I think the most sleep had by any attende was maaayyyybeee 2 hrs.

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!