Bread Baking

I love baking, but not All baking. I can bake a cake but I don't love cake. Cupcakes? Yeah, I like them more. I can bake a pie, but I don't love making crust! I'd rather buy it. I don't bake good cookies. Never have. I leave the cookie baking to my daughters. They do it better.
The baking I love is bread baking! The bread machine is wonderful because as much as I love to bake bread, I don't love to knead! A few months ago I bought a bread machine cookbook at Big Lots for about $5. Great buy. Seven ingredients, a couple of hours, and a wonderful loaf of rectangular crusty bread. In my house it lasts about 5 minutes! This is a great and easy method, with a wonderful result, if I can be home all day. The crust isn't "crusty" if you don't remove immediately and eat while warm.
Then, I heard about Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. This book has given me a new love for home baked bread. This wonderful method allows you to mix a large amount of dough to refrigerate. No kneading required. The recipe I tried gives you a beautifully round shaped "artisan" loaf. Best of all is the crusty outside with a tender chewy inside. Tastes delicious! This bread only requires four ingredients.
After you mix the dough, you take out what you need each day. This method requires very little work after the initial mixing. My family loves bread baking day, and it is something I love doing for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!