He Meets Me Where I Am

God and I have been having some awesome talks lately! Actually I'm learning to do a lot less talking and a lot more listening. It's amazing the things we can learn if we can just learn to be still...and listen.
I've always known my calling. I have never really doubted it. God placed a huge desire in my heart to be a wife and mom. I've always known my ministry begins in my home. Do I think I have done a great job? Hardly. Some days, yes I do okay. But it is the days that I feel I only-sort-of-kind-of-maybe resemble what God called me to be that I learn the most. I learn that I wasn't meant to walk this journey alone. God wants to walk beside me. He doesn't complain that I need Him every hour! He loves it! Sometimes fear tries to grip me. It says, "Your kids see how impatient you are" or "You'll never be able to manage this household properly". I could go on and on. But I am learning to hear The Voice. The One who speaks the Truth. I don't have to do it all perfectly. I just have to show up, live life in the now, and Jesus is already there. He's been waiting on me.

We have to choose what we let our ears hear and our eyes see. If all we put in is garbage, then how do we expect treasures to pour out?
I've discovered a few new blogs recently that have encouraged me in my calling.
I hope they encourage you also.

This blog is all about encouraging you in your marriage. Wonderful.

I've also been enjoying reading this! By the way, I love the name!

One more I have recently discovered (which led me to the other two!) is THIS.

I love, love, love, this site. I am planning to use this site alot during our next school year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!