The Two Men in My Life



(Sharing a page from my journal)
Today is the anniversary of two very significant days for me.
My dad's birthday. He would have been 65 today. Probably retiring from the telephone company. My life would have probably looked much different had he not been taken. He was only 33 years old. Now that I'm approaching 42 in less than a month, I see how very young he was.
I want to take a moment today though to thank God for the ten years I had with him. God used this man who was my daddy to instill some seeds within me that have taken root and continue to grow. So, thank You Lord for my Daddy, Cole Hays Jr. I miss him still, but he loved me with a love that will never die.
And, the other significant day...
18 years ago, I met the love of my life. We have had some rocky years, but they are enclosed like parenthesis with a love that I never knew my life would include! He is "The Man" that God gifted me with. I'm a blessed person to have known within my life, two men who love me unconditionally and make me want to be a better person.
One was taken from me way too soon, but in 10 short years, was able to teach me what real love consists of.
Had I not known this type of love I may not have recognized it when God decided to bring my wonderful husband into my life.
I like to think that my daddy was sitting by Jesus, discussing my future, when God handpicked my husband.
I can see my daddy smile at the choice, just as I do, every day.
Thank You Jesus for Randy Eugene Bracknell. Thank You for giving me the love of two men that will never die.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!