Get A Life

It would be impossible to not notice the increased amount of blog traffic. It makes for an interesting study in people.
 
I started this blog over 4 years ago. I like to write and thought it would be a great way to share projects and photos with friends and family.
Occassionally I share a link to other blogs I find interesting and whatnot.
I never thought anyone would find it of interest other than the handful I told the address. Nor was it a secret for those who might stumble upon it.

Then...
After going through a horrendous, hideous, and word hurling break-up, my oldest daughter decided to write.
She, like me, finds writing as an outlet. A way to share her heart when feeling misunderstood. I encouraged her to write from her heart with all the honesty she could muster. She did. I am proud of her.
She is not shocked by the twisting of her words. This is not the first time in her 23 years that people have raged an all out evil war against her.
She is the toughest 5'3" female I've ever known. God knew what to equip her with in this life. He knew what opposition she would face. 
God is like that. His word says He goes before us. She is in training for something that alot of us will only be able to observe, from behind a mask.

My kids, they teach me alot. Most of all authenticity. Which leads me back to how this is an interesting study of people.

My Lubbock blog traffic increases tremendously the day after she is purposefully provoked. What does this tell me? Nothing I didn't already know. People love drama. When it dies down they try to revive it. Chatter amongst some groups, who should know better, grows exponentially.
Here is a big lesson...if you are looking for a person's faults, you WILL find them. Why try so hard to fault find when she clearly and humbly admits them herself. Not something I've heard any of you do. But again, I removed myself so I'm not exactly curious about it. I understand completely that you have faults, as do I. 
Main point being, if you don't like what she is writing at least gather up the courage to stop reading her blog. Simple.

I love what she so clearly stated...

"He’s letting me catch my breath, and allowing me to be consumed by His fire, His Spirit, His forgiveness. He is feeding me at this very moment, in this town, in the presence of my enemies. Those who meant me harm are reading this blog as He fills me up, anoints me, and prepares me for this journey. Some of them will resent me, because their wicked plots did not succeed. Others will judge me, because they see my sin and ignore His grace. But a few… A few people that read this will take heart in my struggles, and cry to my Jesus. That’s more than I can hope for."

But anyone reading her blog to fuel their own gossip fest never caught that part. They were thrown off by her brutal honesty. Probably because it hit them between their eyes.
Some of us could boast in the fact that we may have more control of our tongue. Most could not though, 
whether you express yourself through writing or you gossip over lunch...
God hears it ALL. You know, He even knows the intent of our hearts.

Also, I feel the need to express my thoughts when private converstions, taking place in the privacy of my home, are the very things used to provoke. Please understand that by the time it reaches you through a text...
#1 it wasn't any of your business
&
#2 doubtful that a 3rd or 4th party could keep their facts straight.

I will be deleting this blog just to start a new one. I can't delete this chapter of my life but I can start a new one.
My new blog won't have a live traffic feed in the sidebar. 
My God is doing a new thing in my life. I can't wait!

***also, that one random visitor every other week or so...get your own life. This one is already taken!





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!