2012, One Month In

Well this month was quite eventful!!!

•My new little very first grandbaby girl and I had a week to get acquainted! Her mommy, daddy, and her cute little self visited at my house. Just to let everyone know, she is the most perfect baby... Ever! Gorgeous!
Her parents are pretty cute too.;)



•My oldest daughter, Courtney, surprised us all with a wedding. Hers. We didn't even know she had a boyfriend until a few weeks ago. Again, gorgeous. She made a beautiful bride. I hope her day was everything she wanted. Twenty-three and as independent as always. I know her biggest dream of a wedding was for it to only be about her and her husband. I think that was accomplished. :)







•We have found a new church home in our new hometown. Awesome presence of God! Freedom in worship, unity in spirit, and love. Sunday morning service was like a cool drink of water to quench our thirst for more and like a burning fire to ignite our hearts to follow God's call. It's been too long and I can't wait to go back! :) :) :)
The girlies (Kaitlyn, Kyla, and Aubree) went to youth group the Wednesday before and all enjoyed it. Sounds like a fit for our whole family! Answered prayer!!!



•Our new home is coming along. I'm concentrating mostly on the main living area. Painting is completed  in the living room and dining room. I've finished a couple of crocheted throw pillows and have two fabric throw pillows to sew. I need curtains for three windows in the dining room. We need to hang a couple of things still. My cute husband did an awesome job painting. My cute son helped.
Big thanks to my guys!

•We visited with my wonderful in-laws this month. It had been way too long! The distance between us (miles) and the crazy complicated schedule we have had in the last few years has made our visits far too infrequent. I love my MIL. My FIL too. They raised a wonderful son who loves his family dearly. That isn't something that happened by chance. That is a truth I live everyday because a mom and a dad took the time needed to teach their son (my husband) what is important in life.

•My goal for this year is to simplify! This is a plan that should touch every part of my life. Some things are NOT worth my time, my effort, or my money.
I want to live my life more fully concentrating on the things of most importance. It's all about priorities. God first. He deserves my best efforts. He deserves the first fruits of my time, effort, and money. Family is next and is so important to me. God called me to minister to them. This is why I breathe...
To tell them about Jesus and demonstrate His love to them. :)
Everything else falls somewhere beneath these two. I will use this year to figure out exactly where.

New year, new family members, new town, new church, new goals...
Here we go 2012!

***I will try to upload some pics to go with my post so check back.:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!