Pinterest Bug Flu

My "free" time has been taken with the pinterest bug. I avoided this craze  for the most part as everyone posted and pinned away. I was satisfied with my google search engine. I was able to find crafting ideas in abundance. I have more sites bookmarked than I will ever find time to create. Then, I started browsing pinterest, for fun. It wasn't long before I discovered the search engine at the top of the page. I'm a little slow sometimes. Lol I typed in "crochet". Now, I'm totally hooked! (no pun intended) Crocheting is something I learned to do at a time in my life that was very chaotic. I had heard that it was a stress reducer. At first I found it to be the opposite. I stressed and stressed over learning the basic stitches. Then, one day, I realized that I was able to mindlessly stitch away on some projects. In contrast, I also discovered that I was concentrating so much on more difficult patterns that I wasn't thinking about things I had no control over. A bit of an inside joke around my house was that I only crocheted when stressed. As life settled down a bit I found myself doing other projects such as sewing or embroidery, just for fun.  I also preferred to use yarn only in the colder months. Something about the feel of yarn in hot weather just makes me itchy. This is easily resolved with using higher quality natural fibers. Crochet may conjure images of Grandma for some. But please tell me what is wrong with Grandma? I loved mine and have wonderful memories of her crocheting. I personally love old fashioned crochet with a modern twist.  I'm currently working on a pillow that is made from granny squares. My modern "twist" is that it is being stitched with colors to coordinate with an animal print/hot pink bedroom for my youngest daughter. Pinterest has been just the source I needed to bring crochet to a new place in my life. I find myself wanting to learn more complicated techniques and I'm envisioning ideas for more projects than life will allow. I don't know what happened but crocheting has turned into something more than a stress reducer. It has become a source of creative outlet for a brain that thinks too much. I have too many projects going at the moment but can't wait to show pictures of them completed. Currently I am working on an afghan for my husband who complains that I never make him anything. Lol It is on hold until I buy more yarn. I'm crocheting a really cute wrap sweater for someone. Not sure who. I started making it for my youngest but I'm not sure it will be small enough. (I'm learning that a gauge swatch is important after all ) I'm also working on the pillow I mentioned before. It is actually a crochet along project found on pinterest. This may just be a crocheting phase in my life. Who knows? Next month I may find myself falling back in love with the quilting projects stored away for now. All I know for sure is that my life isn't complete without a good book to read and at least several projects in the works. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!