Menus and Memories

I have a cute little friend who I lost touch with several years ago, when we moved away from my hometown. Actually then she was just a little girl. A playmate to my oldest daughter and a week long love interest of my son. LOL
I distinctly remember her coming to my son's costume birthday party dressed as a princess. :)

We moved away and have been gone for lots of years now. Facebook reintroduced us. She is now a grown up married lady! How time flies.

As we reconnected through a few text messages, she told me the thing that she remembered most about me was how I always made a weekly menu plan. She thought it was a very weird thing to do. LOL

Seems to me that I was way ahead of my time. Menu planning seems to be a very popular topic online nowadays. Having five children at home all day everyday made it necessary to plan meals.

Who knows, my friend Summer may be finding menu planning a little less weird now that she is cooking for her own new family.

This is mine for this week:

Sunday- Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, and homemade wheat bread. For dessert (usually only on Sundays) we had a lemon ice box pie.

Monday- Roasted Chicken, Brussels sprouts, brown rice,  roasted corn on the cob!
Tuesday- Pinto beans, cornbread, cabbage, and fried potatoes (maybe a little smoked sausage for the non bean eaters)
Wednesday- Crockpot Enchiladas, cilantro lime rice,  salad
Thursday- Smothered Chicken found here (a favorite cooking site), green beans, and potatoes
Friday- Homemade pizza, and salad
Saturday- Soup and homemade bread, fruit for dessert

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!