The New Routine and Short List

Today began with coffee, as usual. Then I helped my husband get our huge yard back in order. He is such a hard worker, if I don't help him, he will spend every day this summer forgetting how to relax. Relaxing is at the top of my agenda.
After I put a new routine in order, I'm hopeful that we will make a lot of fun, laid back memories.
Just a few things I want to make happen over the next couple of weeks:
  • Homemade ice cream...I bought an unused (still in the box) electric ice cream maker last year that never was used. 
  •  Keeping a large gallon of lemonade/tea made at all times
  •  Picnic at the lake and swimming or fishing 
  •  Fireworks show
  •  Produce stand
  •  Popsicles for the grandkids 
  •  Lots of journaling and self care (because that is my current stage)
  •  Finishing my 4th of July quilt (from last year)


I also managed to make a menu plan for the next couple of weeks.
Breakfast plan is to keep it simple. I'll just rotate between eggs, smoothies, yogurt, and oatmeal.
Lunch is also a simple rotation. Sandwiches, salad, or hopefully leftovers.

Dinner:

Thursday-  Chicken Fried Steak, mashed potatoes/gravy, and green beans
Friday- Tacos
Saturday- At home date night---Steaks on the grill, veggies and wine :)
Sunday- crockpot enchiladas, with chips & guacamole and banana pudding
Monday- Fish Vera Cruz, veggies
Tuesday- Garlic butter & mushroom baked pork chops, potatoes, and salad
Wednesday- Chicken spaghetti, salad, and garlic bread
Thursday- My oldest daughter's 29th birthday!!! She requested a blackberry cobbler
Friday- pizza night
Saturday- grilled butterfly pork chops
Sunday- roast chicken
Monday- fish
Tuesday- lasagna
   I'm hoping that making this simple list will keep me accountable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!