Creating Space

A goal I've had for a while is to create a space within my home to truly relax and take a break. I've attempted this at various times in various ways to no avail. Maybe the reason for my unsuccessful attempts was simply the fact of having five children who were homeschooled. This fact can make alone time and space challenging. Of course we had daily rest periods, but a true space of relaxation was not my reality.
Through a lot of self discovery and contemplation, I've accepted the fact that I am a true introvert. I love people. Especially my people. I'm the happiest mama in the world when I have the opportunity to have all of my children under one roof. Since they are grown, or almost grown, this is becoming a rare treat. On the other hand though, I've discovered that large groups of people, or a lot of activity exhausts me. For my extroverted counterparts, the above mentioned may energize you. I'm not that person.
Activity that involves a lot of other people, be it calm or chaotic, results in days of recuperation for me. That doesn't mean that I didn't thoroughly enjoy myself. It just simply means that after I enjoy myself, it is very necessary for me to recharge. It literally sucks energy from me.
This is sounding a little like a downer but that is not my point.
I've been exploring ways to take better care of myself. We women really do have to learn to refill the cup if we want to continue to pour out to the ones we love.
All that to say...I will work on that goal this week.

My goal is to set up a corner in my bedroom that is just for me. I want to use all of the five senses to create a place to relax and recharge. I've just acquired a small but cushioned chair that will fit perfectly in the spot I've planned. In order to use my sense of smell, I will use an essential oil diffuser with relaxing lavender. I will listen to relaxing music with my blue tooth speaker. I will enjoy a warm cup of coffee or tea which I will place on the cutest little Goodwill $5 table I plan to chalk paint. On this same little table I will place  vase of fresh flowers or a wonderful houseplant. I have plans to make a cozy crocheted afghan in a super soft shade of purple that I love. I think my plans will cover the five senses. I will post a picture of my perfect little get away as soon as I complete it.

I'm so excited to work on this little space of mine this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschooling Fun

Picnic Blanket

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling