I Heart Thrift Stores

Yesterday my son and I went thrift store shopping. This happens to be a favorite outing with me amongst my kiddos. From the youngest to the oldest. They each have "their" special item they search for. For some it is a particular brand of jeans or maybe cool art supplies. For myself it is almost always books.
My "finds" yesterday were The Complete Book of Crochet by Elizabeth L. Mathieson, Knitting for Babies & Kids, and Soft Furnishings for Dollhouses. I was happy with the crochet book because it was first published in 1946. The second book, of knitting, is a goal I have this year. I've been wanting to teach myself to knit for a couple of years. Hopefully this will be the year. The third book just looked like a fun project to work on with my girls.
A couple of other things I bought were a pillow form still in package and a cool frame for Kaitlyn's latest artwork.
Shelby bought Banana Republic jeans and several American Eagle pullovers.
All for a little over $40.00.
Not a bad day of thrifting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!