How To Finish A Quilt In Seven Days (More or Less)

I have a quilt top that Courtney hand pieced when she was eighteen. That was FOUR years ago. I found it folded in her closet. I realized that it was a shame for it to sit there, not being enjoyed, after she had painstakingly cut and sewn each square. She even had added alot of quirky touches, like frayed fabric with a contrasting fabric peeking through, an odd button or rhinestone here and there, or a randomly placed little bow. I'm not by any means an experienced quilter. I'm definitely still a beginner. I do think I have gained enough quilting knowledge to help her finish it. When completed, she will have a quilt that we both worked on. I can't wait to have this project finished, but I had to come up with some incentive to get started!

Day 1: Piece the backing
enjoy the accomplishment of getting started by getting a pedicure
Day 2: Pin baste the quilt sandwich, and trim front, batting, and back to the same size
that was quite a bit of work! enjoy a trip to the book store!
Day 3: make binding strips from excess fabric
that wasn't so bad but at least treat yourself to Starbuck's
Day 4: machine quilt
ok! that was alot of work!!! enjoy a nice hot bubble bath!
Day 5: attach binding to quilt front by machine
almost done. after sewing all four sides inform your family that they will be taking you out to dinner tonight!
Days 6 & 7: Hand sew binding to quilt backing
this is best accomplished while watching movies

Note: The seven days it takes to complete this quilt do not have to be consecutive!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!