Family Visit


Several years ago we moved 500 miles away from my hometown. We have moved several times since then. That first move was one of the hardest. It is hard to move away from the only thing you have ever known. Not only did we move away from all of our extended family, my Mom lived next door to us. My kids had grown up with the freedom to walk next door to see "Gobug", their grandma, whenever they wanted.
For us, moving that far away, meant probably only yearly visits, at most. The expense and scheduling conflicts with my husband's job and five children made visiting more often almost impossible. We eventually moved a little closer and had more frequent visits. Then we even moved back for a short while. Now, we again, live 500 miles away.
All that to say...
Last week we had a wonderful visit at our home with my mom and sister!
We had a wonderful time. We went out to eat, went shopping, had our hair and nails done, and enjoyed relaxing. I can't wait until the next visit. I'm already planning things for us to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!