2010 It Was the Best of Times...

My favorite new item on the first day of the year is a book. A book full of blank pages. I have always journaled off and on throughout my life. It is only more recent that I have consistently journaled. I'm not consistent in a daily sense, but consistent nontheless. I have managed to keep a yearly journal for the last couple of years.
These treasured books have some stories to tell, but I don't really share these most private thoughts on this blog. Someday, I possibly could, but for now I will keep these stories private. These stories are about the last couple of years of my life. The pages contain some of the absolute lowest points of my life. They also contain some of the most wonderful moments. I often wonder how I could live in such contrast.


It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.
Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
English novelist (1812 - 1870)


I'm looking forward to filling the pages of the Story of My Life, 2011.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!