Books I've Loved

I have a goal of reading, on average, about two books per month. There are no rules here. Two books just seem to be the amount I can handle. I love to read at night mostly. It relaxes my mind that tends to think too much! I have almost finished my quota for the year. I'm busy but in a different way and it has allowed for more time to read.

I find it very interesting which books seem to find their way into my life.
So many over the last few years have been so right on time. I believe that God directs my path in everything, including the books I read.

I read a wide variety depending on my mood. I usually follow a heavy thought provoking book with some light-hearted fiction, or maybe a biography.

This year I added some children's books. I sometimes pre-read a book I plan to assign to my daughters. I also decided I would love to read some books I missed when I was younger.

Some of my favorites this year have been:

My favorite children's book was
Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis. This book was lol funny and heart warming. I recommend this book to be read aloud.

My favorite bedtime books this year were written by Beverly Lewis. The setting in Amish country was peaceful and relaxing. I'm not saying there wasn't page turning conflict though. I definitely couldn't wait to read what happened next.

My favorite new-to-me author this year was Sandra Dallas. I can't believe it took me so long to discover her. I'm looking forward to reading many more by her.

I finished the House of Hope series by Neta Jackson. I loved this series as well as her original Yada Yada Prayer Group series. 
 
The Help by  was probably one of my favorite reads this year! I loved it. I found the movie enjoyable as well. They seemed to stick very close to the story.

Get Out Of That Pit by Beth Moore had been on my shelf for a few years. I finally read it this year. I can't believe I waited so long. This was my first Beth Moore book to read. It truly impacted the way I view the last few years of my life.

Set Apart Femininity by Leslie Ludy helped to set my mind back on some strong convictions. I remembered how important it is to hold on to the things of God. I also realized areas of compromise that had wormed their way in my life.

The book that really touched my life the most this year was Same Life, New Story by Jan Silvious!
This book was also a Bible study. I was totally engrossed and journalled through this one. I filled half of a composition notebook. This book helped to give me hope of a brand new future. I was able to understand that even though I can't re-write my personal history, I  can and will start a brand new chapter! I was able to clearly see the need to put the past where it belongs and not lose one more second of the beautiful present.

I always love to see what others are reading to create a wishlist of future books. I hope someone enjoys some of my suggestions.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!