Doing What You Can, With What You Have

"Do what you can with what you have."

These words have been on my mind all week. Especially when I come up with excuses for not doing certain things.

"I don't have (fill in the blank) to do this or that."
"I'll do it later, when I have more (time, money, etc.)."
Or one of the most common...
"I'll start (fill in the blank) on Monday."

Monday comes and goes, week after week.
Time moves forward.
I get older with each passing day.

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is found in Isaiah 43:19

Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

I want to be a part of this new thing God is doing in my life. I want to be fully aware of His presence working in my life. I want to obey His words to my heart.

"Do what you can with what you have."

I believe the time is now. No more procrastinating. God says He is doing a new thing. He wants us to step out in faith and do what we can with what we have. I can wait for a lightening bolt from heaven, or I can take a step forward. I fully believe that God will meet me as I do!

Is there a dream you have been waiting on for a long time? What are you waiting on? Did you ever consider that God was waiting on you?

I may not be able at this time to buy all of the healthy foods we would like to try or that I think would be the most beneficial. I may not be able to join a gym at this moment or hire a personal trainer. I may not even be able to go buy cute new workout wear.
But I'm sure God already knew all of this. :)

What can I do?
I can make the best possible choices while I grocery shop for my family. I can buy as many fresh fruits and vegetables as my budget allows. I can actually save money by skipping all of the high priced empty calorie snacks.
I can count calories. I can easily count calories using free tools like  my fitness pal.
I can get up earlier to allow time to workout. I can walk/run 1 1/2 miles, 3 times a week!
I can wear my new running shoes that God totally blessed me with.
I can completely enjoy my early morning time with the Lord.

This week, that is what I can do, and this is what I have.
Thank you Lord.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!