Lost and Found

Even when I finally track you down, I know in my heart you're still lost. How I wish you were a tiny little boy still hanging onto my leg. Sometimes I thought you'd never be able to be without me. You had the worst separation anxiety. You were an absolute mama's boy.
It was so hard back then, I thought. I sometimes felt like I could never have a break. You loved me so much and that was the thing that just melted my heart.
Now my heart just breaks.
When you were small I had such a fear of losing you in a crowd. I watched you like a hawk in the grocery store or the mall. I kept my eyes locked on you as I shopped. I've always had to fight away worry.
When you were eight years old, we did actually lose you at Six Flags.
I had been using that eagle eye that mamas have all day long. I felt that I couldn't take my eyes off of any of the five of you kids all day. Then, in such a small moment of time, I looked away. When I started counting kids again, one, two, three, four...you were gone.
Everyone panicked but me. I sprung into action.
We called security and located you a short time later at the 'lost parents' building.
I was so proud of you for being smart enough to find a security officer when you realized you were lost.
I need you to remember to do that now. Go find the One Authority to keep you safe. Jesus is your safe place to go when lost.
No matter how complicated of a maze it seems you have to go through, I'll pray you through it.
I know you're lost right now, but I know you'll find your way out. I'm waiting for you. I won't leave you behind. I'm standing at the foot of the cross crying out on your behalf. I know you'll be there soon. You'll be found, and you will find yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!