Random Summer Week

I've been enjoying:

  • Having my husband home 
  • Lots of iced tea
  •  Fresh veggies from our local produce stand
  •  Fireworks displays
  •  Air conditioning!!!
  •  Audiobooks (Whistling Past the Graveyard, currently)
  •  Up and Vanished (podcast)
This last week has made summer live up to it's name. Ive been daydreaming of a mountain trip.  Lazy mornings, sipping coffee on a cabin porch in Colorado sounds heavenly. Beach smeach.... but my daughter's would beg to differ. They are looking forward to a birthday beach party next month. I know we will enjoy the beach as much as the mountains. As long as I'm with my people, I'm right where I want to be.
Soaking up this season, learning more about life, and enjoying all the little things...because someday I'll realize they were the big things.

The rest of this week, I plan to work on transitioning my spring wardrobe to a more appropriate summer wardrobe. My spring clothes have proven to not be cool enough for the Texas heat. The challenge is to make sure I'm adequately covered/uncovered simultaneously. Modesty vs. sweat, ugh.
I would like to accomplish this without buying anything new. We shall see.

I've struggled recently to get into a summer routine. Hopefully, it's beginning to come together a bit.
I thrive on somewhat of a schedule. It doesn't have to be rigid, minute by minute. It just has to have a natural rhythm, or flow. Does that make sense to anyone other than me?

Random. I know. Just had to get it out there. Lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling

Homeschooling Fun

Weekend!