Menu Monday

I'm trying to be more consistent in menu planning. Not only does it save money, it truly saves time.  I try to make my plan over the weekend for the upcoming week. I try to shop my own food supply before making my grocery list. This one thing alone has made all the difference in sticking to my budget. It also causes me to be more creative in my meal planning which also makes the whole daily-ness of cooking much more enjoyable. For example, I only need to spend about $40-$50 this week because I'm using up what I already have on hand. I've planned to try a new recipe this week also.  My biggest money savings this week will come from a couple of meatless meals this week.

Monday- Beans and Mexican cornbread✔
This will be our meatless meal of the week. Cornbread will just have some corn, jalapeños, and cheddar mixed in.

Tuesday- Cheese Enchiladas, rice, and refried beans✔
This is the new recipe to try this week. I will be making homemade enchilada sauce. I will use a portion of beans from Monday for the refried beans, and I will add a little cilantro and lime to the rice.

Wednesday- Cornish hens, rice pilaf, and salad✖
I've not made Cornish hens in a very long time. I may try these in the pressure cooker.

Thursday- Fish Vera Cruz, salad
This dish is from a prepared pack I bought at Trader Joe's.

Friday- Homemade pizza night!
We have had Friday night pizza since all of m grown kids were babies. This is a family favorite. I've always made pepperoni for the kids, but my taste is a little more sophisticated...hahaha
My husband loves more of the 'supreme' variety, but I like to try creative toppings. I'm not sure what I'll try this week.

Saturday- leftover chicken noodle soup with biscuits

On Sunday, I plan to tr out my new electric pressure cooker for our after church meal. Wish me luck! Pinterest has so many recipes to choose from.

I don't always stick completely to my plan but I try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homeschooling Fun

Picnic Blanket

Starting Our Tenth Year of Homeschooling